Friday, April 13, 2007

Arrived In Versaille

Well here I am doing what I have planned for so many months. Let me say that there was little emotion in the planning..all in the event as I said good-bye to everyone and especially Bruce..a few tears there.But let me say that as hard as it is to start now that I am here it is "not so bad''''., I have so much time to work on this as I just bought 1 hour and I wasted time trying to find the blog...so I will start. The cattle trip over courtesy of Air Canada....7 hours of misery..jammed in, terrible food and a crying baby in the seat in front of me...however having read the Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor..my trip across the Atlantic was not as bad as hers. The weather has been fantastic...even for France this time of year high 20's and I have eaten all my meals outside except for tonite when I bought a beer and cheese etc and ate in my room...Bruce you will be happy. I could no longer resist the beautiful fromagerie just up the street. Thursday...remember I lost about 5 hours and a sleepless nite...I spent getting ready for today at Versaille..finding my way out of the Charles de gaulle airport onto the TGV and to Versaille...folks were kind and helped with my luggage as I still cannoy travel lite. Jamie that widescreened computer was heavy on my back..I saw men with baby ones which would have been way lighter. Once in Versaille I found my way to my hotel a little boutique place called le RESIDENCE DU BARRY..one of the mistresses of one of the Louis..even though I spent the day visiting their home I cannot straighten them out.As I write the sounds are drifting up from the restaurant across the street as I have the window open Bruce and all nite too. Got all my tickets for the Palace today yesterday also got organized for my trip to Beaune..Saturday. The highspeed train is fast but not cheap.But nothing is really as the Euro is like a dollar yet costs us more. No trouble getting my money Elaine or using my Visa...for those who do not know Elaine she is my banker and organized it so I would have no trouble money-wise while here. I slept wonderfully lasy nite and up this AM and at the Palace by 9 AM. I love Versaille..it is huge and requires at least a day. I will talk more about it the next time as I am going to stop now and e-mail some. Love to you all and thank you for all the support...and thank you for calling before I left and e-mailing. Let me end by saying this... Bruce those were NOT grape vines with blossoms ..too big must have been apple trees or soemthing the vines have hardly any leaves yet let alone blossoms. The weather tonite is gorgeous and the birds are singing and the flowers are in bloom like lilacs and cherry blossoms. Til Beaune

1 comment:

lizzybugs said...

Congratulations Ardythe! You made it and in fine style...well, apart from the flight. Looking forward to your next installment!

Nova Scotia misses you !!